"NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP."~Winston Churchill

Monday, January 24, 2011

bugs

Leave it to the little girl...

So Kendall went to the barn this weekend with Mimi, as she does many weekends, to ride her pony and have free time. She spent a huge chunk of her day out there coming home after it was dark. She came in and Mimi said she had been scratching her head a lot. Ugh. So I ran up to her room before she had time to touch anything and brought her into the bathroom...I flipped her head over and started checking for ANYTHING. I saw a bug, and I SWORE it was a tick. I am telling my mom to "google" (isn't it funny that we go directly to Google now) how to remove ticks. I get my tweezers and I start digging into my screaming little girl's neck trying to remove the "tick" (Greatest mommy moment EVER). I'm digging and digging. I get a safety pin and try to get it out that way...so I start digging into Kendall's skin with a safety pin...AWESOME. I am telling my mom "I can't get it out, what is going on?" We then realize, it might not be a tick. I can't find a body. Kendall screams "SO YOU ARE HURTING ME FOR NO REASON????"

My mom mentions that Kendall's little pony has had louse (a horse form of lice) before and she did lay her head back on him while she was riding him. We google "Louse" and I turn my attention to her hair, which is as thick as molasses, and I start combing through it. Some louse are biting louse, which explains the bump I thought was a tick. I found about 5 "louse" (yuck) and picked them out, gagging the whole way because I HATE bugs in multiples. Then I coat her hair in mayonnaise to get anything else out (tip: mayonnaise is used to remove lice and their eggs from hair-so I thought it was an appropriate precaution to take in this case). Luckily they don't thrive on humans so they were easily removable. After all of the chaos, I strip her clothes off, throw her in the shower, throw her clothes and towels in the washer and take a deep breath! Kendall comes downstairs and what does she say to her dad? "Mommy made be bleed for no reason daddy!!!"

So lesson learned? Yes. Do NOT start poking into your poor daughters skin unless you know for sure what a tick looks like.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Poor thing! Luckily you found it right away! What a nightmare! Love reading your posts! Love ya

    ReplyDelete