"NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP."~Winston Churchill

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Worst Part...

The worst part about it is that I know what I am doing. I was a pre school teacher, a school age teacher, a middle school intern...I have seen it all, but everything I learned in school-it doesn't work. I feel like a failure sometimes. 

Cole is having the most fabulous time in his new school. He is learning and loving all of his teachers. He is turning into a big boy right before our eyes...with one exception. HE STILL (every now and again) POOPS HIS FLIPPIN' (yeah, I said it) PANTS!!!!!!

This is so embarassing to admit.

He is lazy, flat out lazy too. I have potty trained a million two year olds in the Tri State and East County. I have never come across a challenge like this, and with all of the people I know, NO ONE HAS DEALT WITH THIS EITHER!!! I have tried and tried to justify it, but nothing makes sense. He cries when I catch him, yelling "I don't want to poop my pants"....and I say "Then why do you do it" ... he says, "Because I do." What do you mean by that???? No S%!# Sherlock, I know you do. I am the one that has to clean it up. When I catch him, it's fabulous because he gets to the potty and is so proud of himself that he made it in the potty (and I am relieved I caught him). But no one else pays attention like a mommy does. Even Jason.

I guess I just feel alone in this battle with Cole. He makes me so angry, SO ANGRY. But I love him so much and I don't want him to ever think any different. I want to discipline him because I don't want him to think he can disrespect me, or women. But then when it comes down to it, Jason is the only one that can really get to him. I think that is what makes me so upset too. I guess I'll never understand.

Men have ALWAYS confused me and while I do have an almost perfect husband, I met my match with my Cole...it's like I gave birth to all of my ex boyfriends wrapped up into one little leprechaun of a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment