"NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP."~Winston Churchill

Friday, August 26, 2011

Jinxed

I knew I jinxed myself...the minute I thought it--I knew. So you're wondering what that thought was, hmmm? You would, wouldn't you? So I'll tell you...I thought to myself, "God, my kids have been so well behaved and fun lately!"

I know, I know...why did I even say it??? WHYYYYYYYY?!?!?! So this week, about Wedensday is when it all started to happen. The whining, the crying, the screaming, the mean words. And I'm just talking about the boy. Two weeks ago, my spunky little daughter was having a rough week, but I chalked that up to her having real responsibilities now that school has started. She has a REASON to be a little over stimulated.

The Boy. Does. Not. So I'm praying and praying (and begging) that the boy has a better week next week. After today I may just order a case of wine, have it delivered and enjoy it until I can no longer enjoy it...yep, it's been that kind of day/week.

So here's my advice moms: When your children are behaving perfectly, listening, laughing, enjoying life....just let them be. Let them enjoy and DON'T SAY A WORD. Just sit back with your coffee, iced tea, diet pepsi (or whatever beverage you like) grab your book, magazine, iphone, ipad (or whatever brainless device you may like) and ENJOY IT. It never lasts too long:).

PS,~ I love my kids, by the way, and wouldn't have it any other way~

No comments:

Post a Comment